For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
Register now and access more than 15,000 products
The drill bit for the toughest materials
For hand drills and stationary power tools, DIN 338 type H, right-hand cutting, ground, multi-layer (TiAlN)-ZrN coating, HSS-Co 8%
Field of Application:
Suitable for HARDOX® 500 (for HARDOX 550 preliminary testing is required) and for very hard materials up to 1700 N/mm² such as excavator shovels, lorry superstructures, snowploughs, agricultural machines, armour plating etc. Materials up to 1400 N/mm² can be processed using hand drills.
Prerequisites for drilling HARDOX®:
Stability is crucial. Hand drills are not suitable for drilling Hardox.
Minimise the distance between the drill and the workpiece and clamp the workpiece firmly.
Reduce feed rate shortly before drilling through and ensure recommended feed rate and cutting speed are maintained.
135° turbo cutter with cross thinning
- Precise tapping
- No centre punching necessary
- Optimal drilling progress
- Drilling on curved surfaces
Robust, sturdy and long-lasting
- HSS-Co 8% - M42 cutting material — extremely long service life
- Short groove with reinforced core — maximum stability
- Narrow drill heel for the lowest friction resistance — robust — low risk of breakage
- Multi-layer ZrN coating (zirconium nitride)
- Increased surface hardness
- Prevents built-up edges
- Enhances thermal stability
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!